- About Us
FLAC3D Introductory Training
DETAILS AND DESCRIPTION
October 30 - November 1, 2018
$2500 AUD (including GST)
26% Academic Discount
Details and Description
- Introduction to Itasca Software and FLAC3D
- FLAC3D Theoretical Background
- Simple Demonstrations of an Explicit Dynamic Solution
- FLAC3D Operation
- Introduction to the FLAC3D User Interface
- Grid Generation
- Model Pane
- Practical Exercises
- Recommended Solution Procedure
- Practical Exercises
- CAD-based Model Generation with FLAC3D
- Introduction to FISH: extending FLAC3D capabilities by user-defined functions
- Simple Exercises
- Introduction to Effective Stress and Groundwater Analysis
- Factor of Safety calculation
- Soil/Rock Structure Interaction
- Demonstration Examples
- Advanced Examples
- General questions / Modeling recommendations
Download the Course Description (PDF) for more information.
Project Engineer – Yoann Hebert, ME., Itasca Australia, Melbourne, Australia.
Mr. Hebert is a geotechnical engineer with more than 10 years of experience in the use of Itasca codes to analyse various geomechanics problems in Australia, Europe and other parts of the world. He has provided consulting on many projects including underground mining (e.g. block cave and SLC mining, pillar stability), open pit mining, underground excavations (e.g. tunnels, caverns, crusher chambers and nuclear waste storage) and dams. Yoann holds undergraduate and master’s degrees in Civil Engineering.
Principal Engineer – Glenn Sharrock, Ph.D., Itasca Australia, Brisbane, Australia.
Dr. Sharrock has 20 years industry experience in a wide range of rock mechanics positions such as Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Newcrest Mining NL), Rock Mechanics Engineer (Mt Isa Mines), Senior Geotechnical Consultant, (AMC Consultants), Senior Lecturer in Geotechnical Engineering (UNSW). His consulting, operational and research experience spans underground and surface mining in hard rock and coal. He holds an Adjunct Associate Professorship in Geomechanics at the University of Queensland and is a Chartered Professional Geotechnical Engineer.
Who Should Attend?
Current and prospective users of FLAC3D.
What to Bring?
Laptop computer with Windows system. Participants are urged to install the full version of the Itasca software and help files prior to class.