3DEC 7 is officially released!
Enhancements and features to 3DEC 7.0 include:
- Enhanced user interface for easier plotting and more powerful text editor
- Built-in, automated block and zone generation using geometry (CAD and VMRL files)
- New hybrid bolt that reproduces both the shear and axial behavior of rock bolts, such as fully grouted rebar, cable bolts, and split sets.
- All of FLAC3D's structural elements are now available (beams, cables, piles, shells, geogrid, and liners)
- Built-in Voronoi generator
- Softening-Healing Mohr-Coulomb joint model for improved seismicity modeling
- Bilinear Mohr-Coulomb joint model with two different shear strength envelopes depending on a critical level of normal stress
- Improved commands and FISH makes using and learning these easier
- Multi-threaded FISH and Python scripting
- Export 3DEC 7 models to FLAC3D 7 zones and interfaces, PFC 6 rigid blocks, or UDEC 7 blocks (based on a cut-plane)
- New 3DEC 7 binary file format makes it easier, and faster, to import and export blocks and zones