||Jun 15, 2020
- Fixed the bug that was causing instability of mechanical calculation using the Voronoi lattice for some models.
||Jun 3, 2020
- Add histories for:
- Cluster placed proppant
- Stage injected volume
- Stage injected proppant
- Stage placed proppant
- Bug fix for proppant placement when sub-lattice is active
||May 12, 2020
- Bug fixes for calculating sub-lattice springs forces using Voronoi cell centroid.
- Changed default for field Loose Node Aperture Limit to 1.00m.
- Proppant concentration calculation changes.
||Apr 28, 2020
- Added feature to apply cyclic boundary conditions on clusters.
- Voronoi cell centroid is now used to calculate spring forces.
- Added ability to change Simplified Logic Relaxation Factor via Batch and Reset lattice dialogs.
||Apr 6, 2020
- Changes in security code to support to EUI-64
- Fixed bug when setting Maximum Fluid Timestep via batch. Bug occurs in GUI version only.
||Mar 31, 2020
- Fixed crack counter and creation time information lost when adaptive resolution is applied to the model.
- Fixed save/restore for flag "use global coordinate" in the batch post-process record.
- Fixed propant concentration loss on imported fractures.
||Mar 23, 2020
- Fixed loss of proppant concentration during shut-in: negative gap is not used for calculation of the spring force when the contact closes.
- Added ability to export fluid elements based on a range of the time of crack creation.
- Added ability of export fluid elements in batch post-process step.
- When importing fluid elements, added ability to define crack counter and time override crack creation time. This data can be used to filter cracks/fluid elements when plotting microcracks and/or proppant concentration.
||Mar 11, 2020
- Fixed proppant loss during mechanical computation for models that are simulating depletion cases.
- Added flag to Proppant Concentration Plot Item to cap volume fraction maximum value to the value set on field named “Volume fraction at maximum no-load packing” located at Features/Proppant tab.
||Mar 10, 2020
- Improved proppant transport and placement logic.
||Feb 28, 2020
- Improvements in proppant transportation algorithm for the implified fluid logic.
||Feb 27, 2020
- Added ability to specify adding diversion balls in the simulation sequence setup.
- Fix for the calculation of the perforation pressure drop in the simplified logic. When a fracture connects to a large imported fracture, there is potentially negative fracture volume change resulting in excessive pressure drop. The problem is manifested only in certain cases.
||Feb 20, 2020
- Added ability to specify Carter leak-off in seams.
- Correcting excessive cracking on model.
||Feb 12, 2020
- Added capability to change maximum fluid timestep value via "Reset Lattice" dialog or via batch.
- Added capability to initialize pore-pressure gradient on different layers.
- Speed up code when calculating cluster volume.
- Tolerance of the maximum proppant concentration above the specified limit increased from 0.001 to 0.02. This prevents gradual closure of propped fractures and apparent loss of proppant as a result of model oscillations.
- For simulation using simplified logic with pressure gradient, the cluster pressure drop is applied to fluid elements directly connected to clusters when proppant concentration is applied.
- When updating the connectivity path, improved the logic for establishing fluid element to cluster connection.
- Added ability to add "pressure drop history" via cluster design dialog.
||Jan 23, 2020
- Corrected fluid pressure when upstream pointer is reset. This will improve the pressure gradient distribution when using simplified fluid flow logic.
- Added cutoff value for displaying fluid nodes in the proppant concentration plot item.
- Fluid velocity factor decimal places bumped to 4 digits.
||Jan 16, 2020
- Added filter to proppant concentration plot item to filter fluid nodes based on (simulation) time of the crack creation.
- Added option to add "Increment Microcrack Counter" to simulation sequence resource. If this option is selected, the MC counter will be automatically added to the batch step when the simulation sequence is built.
- Added extent to for sub-lattice creation.
- Added factor for fluid velocity claculation.
||Jan 7, 2020
- Added filter to microcrack plot item to filter cracks based on (simulation) time of the crack creation.
- Cell space creation algorithm was changed to allow faster creation.
||Nov 27, 2019
- Fluid nodes on clusters intersected by DFN are always active now.
- Added ability to use an extent to filter imported depletion data that fall outside the provided extent.
||Nov 25, 2019
- The fluid nodes used to take cluster pressure history now are the same fluid nodes where fluid is injected. Pressure This results is a smoother history curve.
- Pipes plot item: added option to plot only connected pipes. Also cut-plane option was added to this plot item.
- Fixed bug when assigning joint property to sub-lattice joints.
- Parametric study default working directory is now set to proper location.
- Added tooltip for items listed in the History tab.
- Added number of fluid nodes to Proppant Concentration plot item.
||Nov 1, 2019
- Improving MPI proppant concentration communication during simplified fluid logic computation to speed-up and improve results.
||Oct 31, 2019
- Upstream pointer (necessary for transitioning to simplified pressure gradient calculation) are also assigned during full flow calculation.
- Enforcing lower boundary (zero) and upper boundary for proppant concentration calculation.
||Oct 21, 2019
- Changed criterion for calculating cluster volume for the fluid simplified logic computation: fluid elements that do not have an upstream pointer will not be considered.
- Fixed MPI comunication for proppant concentration during simplified fluid logic computation.
- During the application of adaptive resolution microcracks in the new lattice are created by intersecting the springs of the new lattice using the microcracks in the old lattice irrespective of the resolution. Also, the interpolation is done by taking values from the nearest spring with the same state (i.e., failed or unfailed).
- For the pressure gradient mode of the simplified fluid logic, improved the criterion for setting upstream pointers.
||Sep 30, 2019
- Corrected stress shadow overestimation when importing microcracks.
- Fixed bug in the full flow logic when time step is not recalculated during fluid sub-stepping. It is ensured that the aperture used in pressure increment calculation is updated only when the time step is calculated.
||Sep 26, 2019
- Fixed cracks count history for MPI simulations.
- Optimized MPI synchronization before calling routine that applies proppant for the fluid simplified logic computation.
- Fixed micro-crack pressure interpolation when adaptive resolution is applied (finer to coarser parts of model) to a model and matrix pressure is set.
||Sep 16, 2019
- The release number was removed from the program name on the Windows registry and on the Linux .config directory to avoid creating too many entries. Now program name used to store settings will use only the major and minor versions numbers.
- Added ability to add batch items to import microcracks, proppant concentration and/or depletion using a workflow. A button was added to the batch items dialog to access the workflow dialog.
- Added ability to move selected batch items.
- Added option to plot connected microcracks by stage. Sketch Model plot item will be colored by stages instead of colored by cluster name.
- Assignment of upstream pointer for the pressure gradient calculation for the simplified fluid logic now is more robust.
- Proppant concentration for the simplified logic is now executed after volume fracture/injected is balanced.
||Aug 30, 2019
- Allow pressure to be negative when pressure is reset via "Reset Lattice" and "Batch Item" dialogs.
- Import microcrack aperture and proppant concentration using a .csv file was moved from "File/import" menu to "Reset Lattice" and to "Batch Item" dialogs.
- Added field "Loose node aperture limit" to solution tab. This field sets aperture limit of fluid noddes during force-displacement calculation. Default value is 1 m.
- Added code to prevent file contention when executing adaptive resolution in MPI sessions.
- The condition for breakage of the main lattice springs based on the sub-lattice is changed. All main lattice springs within 4 radii from the broken sub-lattice spring are marked. The main lattice spring is then broken in Force-Displacement function for the main lattice, if it is marked and the force is tensile.
- Fluid element upstream is now communicated between domains corecting a bug on the MPI simulations.
||Aug 12, 2019
- Finalized ability to import fluid node and microcrack aperture and proppant concentration using a .csv file created from previous models (File/import menu).
- Bug fix on balance volume calculation of the simplified logic.
- Bug fixes for fracture area and stimulated area histories.
- Added shear displacement to fluid nodes export file.
- Added code to check if file load is from version 2.0. The data file (.xml) will be loaded properly. However, the simulation result file (.sav) will be discarded.
||Jul 26, 2019
- Speed up on Pressure Gradient calculation: The fluid element upstream pointer is no longer set in every cycle. Instead the upstream pointer is set once after a fluid element is connected to a cluster. This avoids several interactions over the fluid element list during Pressure Gradient computation (and consequently, avoids MPI inter-nodal synchronization) during a cycle.
- Removed unnecessary MPI_barrier calls.
||Jul 23, 2019
- Code optimization: Time step calculation is not done anymore during the full flow sub-stepping. It done only at the beginning of sub-stepping cycling.
- Sub-lattice change to correct differences in fracture lenght when compared with adptive resolution result. Modified function that marks the main lattice springs that should be broken as a results of breakage of the sub-lattice spring. Now, the main lattice springs are broken when sub-lattice follow these these citeria:
are in tension
within ten closest main lattice springs resolutions
** within four sub-lattice resolutions from the broken sub-lattice springs.
||Jul 3, 2019
- Fixed bug on sub-lattice spring connectivity archiving for the MPI version.
- Added sub-lattice node depletion data to archiving.
- Simulation time plot starts in different X coordinate to not overwrite/interfere history plot items.
- Added pre-existing joint slip and close/open information when exporting fluid nodes.
||Jun 27, 2019
- During force-displacement, the pressure assigned to a sub-lattice spring is the interpolated pressure from the main lattice springs.
||Jun 20, 2019
- Pipes have been added to the model to compensate for the fact that the springs located at the intersection of joints are deactivated and do not have fluid nodes. The lack of these fluid nodes was casing holes in the pipe network.
- Added ability to import fluid node aperture and poppant concentration from previous models (File/import menu).
- In the simplified logic, the cluster pressure is assigned to the cluster fluid elements even if the cluster is plugged.
- Added ability to plot pipes for a given aperture range.
- Added support for user to define epsilon value via GUI or command line.
- Allow user to input and override resolution box width when setting up stages design.
- Sub-lattice velocity and displacement field plot items now show the correct Node ID of the Information window.
- During force-force displacement and pressure change calculation the fluid node apertures are limited to 5 times the smallest resolution defined in the model.
- Added multiplication factor to convert pressure drop file when importing depletion data.
- Fixed bug with sub-lattice joint area multiplier. The new logic initializes the area multiplier only if it is greater than zero.
- Correction in area when accumulating history data for stimulated area for springs broken in tension or in shear.
- Added flag on Microcracks Export dialog to allow user to export Micocracks to a text file excluding quotation around text fields.
||May 3, 2019
- Check for loose node criterion before breaking springs from the latency list.
- Checks loose node criterion during creation of the lattice for adaptive resolution.
- Gap is interpolated during creation of the lattice for adaptive resolution.
- Screenout criterion implemented assuming that the factor is ratio of aperture and grain size.
||Apr 15, 2019
- Fixed crash on sub-lattice code.
- Fixed cluster volume change and fractured area syncronization accross domains. Affects simplified logic with pressure gradient.
||Apr 15, 2019
- Release has the same functionality as release 2.0.80 to 2.0.85.
- Specific MPI changes:
- Instrumented code to verify volume change for the simplified logic.
- Functions that calculate cluster quantities will discard ghost nodes.
- Fixed accumulation of volume change and area during cycle.
- Fixed history volume change, pressure drop and average velocity.
- Other changes:
- When building a borehole from a well trajectory, corrected case where the minimum horizontal stress is Sigma 2. Previously, the code worked only when the the minimum horizontal stress is assigned to Sigma 3.
- Smallest pressure flag on function getNeighborWithHighestPress is now reset to true for every fluid element in the loop.
- Improving messages to clearly explain errors when specifying interface, liner and cement properties in the borehole-segment dialog.
- Corrected units (from m to cm) for resolution in "Resolution Domain" tab.
- Changes in function that reads depletion file to speed up loading the file and provide better feedback.
- Added pressure gradient initialization based on model fluid level.
- Added history options for aperture, cluster volume change and stage volume change.
- Added ability to import rectangular joint from a .csv file. The first line of the file contains a desciption of the collmns and will be discarded. The next lines contain 13 columns (4 coordinates points and the joint aperture).
- Allow negative value for constant pressure initialization.
- New security logic.
- Fixed function that calculates pressure and flow rate for matrix contour plot item.
- The sub-lattice area multiplier is now interpolated from the main lattice.
- The increment in search of sub-lattice cells to be activated was reduced to 0.5 of the cell size in each coordinate direction.
- Displaying number of zones on contour plot item allowing estimation of stimulated volume.
||Jan 17, 2019
- Release has the same functionality as release 2.0.80.
- Fixed cluster pressure history for inactive clusters.
||Jan 11, 2019
- Changed cluster connectivity logic for the fractures. It allows active cluster to take over fractures connected to the currently inactive cluster. The bucket in the simplified logic is equal to the cluster. Calculation of the cluster pressure drop due to perforation is fixed by resetting it to zero before each calculation cycle (inside the FlowRates function).
- Added flag "Include Open Fractures" when exporting micro-cracks and ploting permeability countour to calculate permeability using the formula aperture^3 * resulution^2 / 12.0. Use this flag when proppant treatment was not applied to the model.
||Jan 7, 2019
- Code merged with version 2.0.79