Itasca Educational Partnership (IEP) Research Program
As a company, Itasca is committed to furthering the disciplines of geomechanics, hydrology, geochemistry and geophysics, both in research and in practice. We consider it a natural part of that commitment to identify individuals who share this commitment at early career stages; many of whom become future partners, collaborators, clients or Itasca employees.
The IEP Research Program is intended for someone actively pursuing their PhD who has a desire to utilize Itasca software in their research. The doctoral student must apply for the program and acceptance is limited.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for consideration for involvement in the IEP Research Program:
- Be enrolled as a PhD student in an accredited university or college;
- Have previous experience with numerical modeling; and
- Must agree to use the loaned Itasca Software solely for education and IEP approved research and not for any commercial or other non-educational purpose. A sample of the full IEP Research Loan Agreement is available for your review.
Itasca provides the student with:
- A one-year loan of the requested software
- Possible scholarships for introductory trainings offered by Itasca.
- Mentorship by one of Itasca's prestigious engineers. The mentor’s role is to assist participants in achieving their research potential by providing software and research advice such as: software selection for a select application, proper usage, general functionality, and how to best take advantage of software specifics. Mentors are assigned by Itasca and can be from any of our offices.
**If applying, please have your CV and a Project Proposal ready to submit. Here is a Project Proposal Template for reference if needed.
If you have questions about the IEP Research Program or application process, please contact Itasca's Training & Education Coordinator.
Itasca reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time.